Monday, August 9, 2010

The weekend

So another weekend comes and goes. Another weekend of indulgences. I don't feel so bad about my indulgences as long as I plan ahead for them. I counter act them with some exercise.

Saturday was fun at the dog track for my father's birthday. I must have eaten a pound of scallops. Yummy! The food is so good at the dog track for the money you pay. I did try to keep it to mostly proteins. I make sure if I am going to indulge like this at a buffet I keep it to high protein foods. I also try to keep it to the lower fat items. The dogs were not so nice to me. At least this one dog wasn't. My friend Jeanne and I bet a $1 superfecta and we picked out 4 dogs. If they came in the order we picked them the payout could be close to $1000. Just as the dogs are getting close to the finish line the dogs were in the order we had them. I can see the finish line in site and the first dog crosses over. The money is in my hands. The second dog crosses over. I already spent it in my head. Then the 4th dog passes the 3rd dog at the finish line!!!! Now I am returning all the stuff I bought in my head! Are you freakin kidding me??? I wanted to go down there and kick the dog in the leg. AT least I am only out a $1 but in my head I lost a $1000. Waaaahhhhh.

I have been drinking homemade fruit smoothies as a snack. Nothing better than a cold smoothie on a hot summer day. I think I may need to cut down how much I drink of these smoothies but they are so yummy. I even make them at work. I just put everything in a sealed container and bring my hand mixer to blend. I need to get one of those quick blender thingies. Anyway, my recipe consists of frozen mix fruit, skim milk, orange juice and powered blueberry white tea mix (if I have them I will put in a banana). I put in more milk than orange juice.

Today I need to get myself back on track and get my cardio in since it is my cardio day but I have a lot to do. I am having some people over on Wednesday and need to clean up my place. I have to make my place look like an educated professional adult lives here. I wish I had a decorator's eye.

Well it is off to cleaning the house and getting ready for my guests. :)

Have a marvelous Monday!

Blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment