Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer revisited

Now that my summer is over I want to recount what I accomplished and learned.

1) First and foremost, I lost 14 pounds. It was not easy but wasn't as hard as I expected.

2) So that leads me to the second thing I accomplished....to live a healthier life style. I eat the things I like but I eat in moderation. I think about everything I eat. If I over indulge or know that I am going to over indulge then I make sure I get in more exercise.

3) I learned that some things are not worth eating. For example, McDonald's Frappe. It was okay but definitely not worth the 560 calories.

4) Push-ups are not as bad as I make them out to be. I started out with only inch or two but now I can take myself all the way down to the floor. They really do make a difference. While I was driving yesterday I rubbed the back of my arm and thought I had a tumor then I realized it was a muscle!!!!

5) Sparkpeople.com has been a great website. I have learned so much about eating and exercise. I like the challenges.

6) Swimming burns more calories than walking.....only if you are swimming and not floating around with a cocktail in your hand. :) Make sure your heart rate is up and you can burn a lot of calories since you are using all body parts.

7) My clothes are fitting better or getting too big. Thankfully I have some of those tweener clothes to get me through. Not that I plan on putting the weight back on but I am going to box up clothes that are too big and hold for 6 months to a year or until they annoy me because they are in my way.

8) Last but not least, this life style is not as has hard as I assumed. It is all about watching what I eat and how much I eat. Once you become conscious of what you eat it all falls in place. As long as you tell yourself you can do it then you can. No excuses!

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment