Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Everyone needs a day off

And I took mine yesterday. I didn't do any official walking. I did walk around a shopping plaza. I parked my car at one end and walked all the way to the other going in and out of shops.

I am having a Tastefully Simple party tomorrow and yesterday I had to meet the consultant to get my hostess package. She asked if I could meet her at Cici's Pizza. Now I know that is not the best pizza in town but I love Cici's. I get a metal to go tin, fill it with pasta and sauce then have them add meat and cheese and bake it in the oven. I had already had breakfast before I went there and I tried to resist but I succumbed and paid for the buffet. I got my pasta (but only a 1/3 of what I used to get), a small salad and couple of pieces of pizza that I felt could be the lowest in fat/calories. I ate a bite of each piece of pizza....eh....didn't taste as good as I remembered no use wasting calories on that. I took a couple bites of salad.....eh....not that great not wasting calories on that. Got my pasta and that was exactly how I remembered it and worth the calories. Yummy! The other thing they have at Cici's is their brownies and cinnamin rolls which are worth the calories if you have them to spare. I am not a sweets eater but by golly I can eat those. I had to do it. I feel like I ate in moderation (except for the brownies and cinnamin rolls I had two of each) and calculated my calories. That small meal of bites and pasta and dessert cost me almost a whole days worth of calories. I can only imagine what I used to eat! Good Lord! No more meet ups at Cici's ever again!!!

Since I didn't walk and I ate that Cici's catastrophe I had to be aware of what I ate for dinner. I had pulled out a piece of frozen chicken to make for dinner. (I go to this one market in town that sells boneless skinless chicken breats cheap if you buy in bulk. I bought a 10 pound bag and separated the breasts individually and froze them. Some of the breasts are like turkey breasts though, which what I ended up taking out). I had some small potatoes that I knew I wanted to cook it with it but could I make a low calorie meal with those two things. I remember reading in an article on sparkpeople to bulk up meals and stretch them to go further by adding veggies and beans to meats. So that is what I did. I made a simple but delicisious recipe that was like a chili. I know it is 100 degrees outside and chili is not the meal of choice but that is what it kinda turned out to be. It was good, low in fat and calories. I fit it in to my daily consumption. The recipe is below and an idea when you buy meat in bulk. :)

So, since I have been more conscience of my eating habits, I feel I have more energy. I used to be a lot lazier but now I know how my mother feels. My mother reminds me of this joke I heard this comedian tell once. It was about cats and how they can be dead asleep then all of sudden jump up,think "oh my god I got to go to the other room" and they take off running. That is what my mother is like. She will sit on the sofa for a few minutes and all of sudden get up to go do something in the other room. She never sits for long and she is going to be 85 this September. I have now turned into that cat and well....I guess I have to say it....*cough cough*....my mother. I can be sitting on the sofa and then think I should vacuum or clean the kitchen or clean the tub then get up and do it. Not sure if this is because I have extra energy or I am getting older. I am going to think it is the extra energy and it has to be used. :)

I hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday!

Recipe:

10 oz chicken breast (cut into small chunks)
1 15.5 can of northern beans (drained and rinsed)
1 14.5 can of diced tomatoes
1 10.5 can of corn
6 oz of potato (cut in to small pieces)
1 garlic clove
Dehydrated onion
Cumin
Chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Brown the chicken and potatoes in a large skillet. Add all the other ingredients except the corn. Lower it to simmer and let cook for 45 minutes. Add the corn and let cook for another 5-10 minutes. It serves 4 small bowls or 3 medium sized bowls. 4servings is 337 calories and 3 servings is 449 calories. (I had the medium sized bowl and it was very filling. If I served it for 4 then I would add a salad).

Hint: If you buy the chicken in bulk and freeze it I add marinate to half the batch. So, the chicken will marinate as it freezes and then it will marinate when it defrosts. You will have a tasty chicken breast with that method. :)


Blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment