Friday, August 13, 2010

Vacation

This is my last week of summer vacation and I have enjoyed it thoroughly. However, I have also taken a vacation from my exercise regime. I have only walked once this week. I haven't done any of my core exercises....nope...no save my face from smashing into the floor exercises (aka push ups). I haven't logged my food in for a couple of days. *sigh*

However, I am not defeated. I know I will get back to it. I think everyone deserves a break. I don't feel like I am done and might as well give up. I just know this is reality and things like this happen. I will get back on the horse or wagon or life and start riding again.

I had my party on Wednesday and what a great success. I had lots of friends over and I made some delicious food. I didn't eat much of it because I was running around most of the evening. I tasted here ad there but just didn't really feel like eating it. You know how it is some times when you make food you just don't feel like eating it. However, I am sure my few nibbles of food added up to be a days worth of calories. lol Actually I tried to make things as low fat as possible since there were several of us trying to live a healthier life style.

Last night I had my friends in town from New Orleans. They wanted to try a restaurant here in town that is a luxury staple. The food is good (not great) but it is the experience being there that you enjoy. We started off with cocktails in the bar then moved to a small private room for dinner. I had wine (yum), caviar (ick), french onion soup (yum) roasted beat salad (yum), aged top sirloin (eh) with all the fixins (so-so) and bananas foster (YUMMY). I tried to eat in moderation and I think I was successful....well....except for dessert. How do you eat bananas foster in moderation???? This is the first time I ate to excess. I felt so bloated when I got home but it was worth it. I enjoyed spending time with my friends. We were in the restaurant for 5 1/2 hours. lol Now that is an experience.

Well, today is my official weigh in at the doctors. I will see if that dinner last night did me in. Everyone always says it takes a couple of days for a meal like that to show up on the scales. I hope so.

I am going to enjoy my last couple of days of vacation before I head back to the grind. But, I think I will stop the exercise vacation and get back to that today. It will make me feel better and not feel so bad about that rich meal I had last night.

TGIF!!!!

Blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment