Monday, August 16, 2010

Vacation is over

I have been on vacation from work and from my healthy life style. I didn't do much exercising this past week. I decided to take this last week before I went back to work to just have fun. However, I always self consciously knew where to draw the line. I kept eating in moderation and tried to keep track of what I ate. However, I didn't do much exercise. I tried to keep moving but nothing official. Now I am back!

Since this was my last weekend before heading back to work I tried to make the best of it. The first thing I had to do on Friday was go weigh in at my doctor's office. And I am excited to announce I am down another 5 pounds. It probably would have been more if I had put in more effort but a loss is a loss is a loss. So that is 14 pounds for the summer and 32 pounds over all since the beginning of the year. My goal is to lose 8 more pounds by the time I go on my cruise at the end of September.

Since Friday was my last day of summer vacation and I had to celebrate somehow. And boy did I celebrate. Yikes! It started with dinner from Chili's. I have a new application on my phone called Foursquare. It is a neat application that lets me log into places that I am going to visit...restaurants, grocery stores, clubs, etc. Well, if you have this program you can get free chips and salsa at Chili's. So I stopped by there on my way home to get a salad and my free chips and salsa. Chili's has the best chips and salsa in my opinion. Anyway, I didn't get them for me. I got them to take down to the lounge at my complex. I shoveled in my salad and went to have a drink or two or three or ten. It ended up being more like 20! I lost count! I know alcohol is an empty calorie but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

So, Saturday I was hard pressed to get off my sofa. I woke up at 10:30 after getting in at 4:00 am. That was too early so I went back to bed and got back up at 1 pm. I had a list a mile long I wanted to get done but there was no way I was doing diddly. I finally made it out to my pool around 3ish so I can get a little color before going back to work. That night I was to meet my sister at the Derby Club for dinner. I was finally ready to tear up some crab legs. And did I! That and some salad. What a good time we had.

Yesterday was a mellow day and back to the grind of trying to keep track of my food intake and I threw in some exercise to boot. Not a lot but a little.

It has been a interesting summer and not the summer I planned. However, I didn't have to sit on the corner with a reflector vest holding a sign or sell water, and I didn't have to sit at my pool eating ramen noodles because that is all I could afford. Tomorrow I will reflect on all the things I accomplished this summer.

I have done the my morning exercises. Now it is time to shower and get ready for work. Have a marvelous Monday.

Blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment