Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday is here again

Ahhhh gotta love a Monday. How many of us think "On Monday I will get back at it. Yep yep yep....Monday is the day." Well, I have thought that so many times. What is the miracle of Monday? Why is that the day we decide we are going to either start something or start over on something? We should start right when we think about it. Why wait? Start now!

I try to keep that mentality. I am the queen of procrastination. I have no issue putting off tomorrow what I can do today. I continue working on getting out of the mind set and in doing that I have lost weight.

When it was time to eat something this weekend it wasn't my usual....I'll eat this now then make up for it on Monday. As for exercise that is a different story. I still haven't motivated myself to get back into my cardio. I am hoping I will get a chance to check out my friend's boxing class tonight. If not I am going to go walking while I do my laundry. That is my usual time to walk. I put my clothes in the wash, walk until it is done then put it in the dryer. I will also add in some swimming while the clothes are in the dryer. Yep that is what I will do if I don't go box the living crap out of someone. :)

I know it is a combo of eating right and exercising. That is the combination of losing weight. Yesterday I kept under my calories only because I had to think about it. I was cooking dinner last night and decided to make a nice lean burger. With that I was going to cook a pasta dish. I realized I didn't have any veggies planned. So I traded in the pasta for a nice large salad. I felt so much better and I got to eat the whole burger. :)

Making decisions like that isn't always so east. I didn't know going back to work would be such a big deal but the eating has been crazy. Every day a different group of people bring breakfast. Everything is covered in cheese and made with fattening meats. There is some fruit and other healthy choices but all that fattening stuff stares right at ya. *sigh* Then everyone wants to go out to eat for lunch since we won't get that opportunity when the kids come back. So, its burgers, Mexican, pizza, Chinese, etc. I am not ready for the kids to come back from a curriculum standpoint but I am ready for them from a eating one. I know it is all about choices but it is hard to resist some times.

Today I am going back to work with a new look. I decided to get a new hair cut since I am looking and feeling different by losing weight. I remember a long time ago a psychic told me you can change your destiny by making changes to yourself....cut your hair, lose weight, etc. So I am changing my destiny all over the place. :) So bring it on my new destiny!!!

Well have a great Monday!

Blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment