Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sick and unmotivated

Sunday I started feeling bad and have slowly gone down hill since then. I have been zapped of energy, soar throat, watery eyes and achy. However, I tried to keep doing my exercises. I have done all my core exercises 3 times this week. I have switched them up a little. I decided to do my sit ups and push up on the pilates ball. OMG!! My stomach, arms and thighs have hurt for days now. I am not going to let that stop me. I don't believe in no pain, no gain but at least I know they are working. Monday I will say I did try to get in some cardio by walking and jogging in place. So that has put some serious cramps in my calves since I didn't stretch afterwards.....dummy!

As for my eating, it has been a little more difficult to keep within my calories. Every day we have had a breakfast and every day we have gone out to lunch. When you are a teacher you don't get the luxury of eating out so we are taking advantage of it until the kids come back. It has been Chinese, pizza, burgers, etc. Man this is hard on a girl.

However, I did try something different when we went to go eat Chinese. We went to a buffet and we all know that is overindulgence on a steam table. I went straight for the soup so the wonton broth would be a filler.....and well the wontons too. When I went for the regular food, I grabbed a small plate. It was the plate to put under the soup bowl, so it was even smaller than a salad plate. It really limited me on what I could take. I kept myself laughing by thinking....if I can't go wide on a large plate but let's see how high I can go on a small plate. I didn't do it though. We eat with our eyes first and we can fool ourselves into thinking we are eating a lot if the plate is full....so try a small plate next time you go to a buffet. I am glad I got the small plate because when I calculated my calories for what I did eat....phew! That was a lot of calories.

I really have to start thinking how to work in my cardio exercises. I like doing them in the morning but I am so not a morning person. It was easier when I was teaching summer school and didn't have to be there until 9:15. During the regular school year I have to be there at 8:20 which means I would have to get up even earlier. Oh heck no! I will have to figure it out because I need to start back incorporating my cardio. I am not going to lose with just my core exercises. I have to get my heart rate up.

Well, it is time to start getting ready for work. The parents are coming tonight with their kids for open house. I am so excited. It's a new adventure.

Blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment