Sunday, July 25, 2010

Weekend Sabotage

I do so well during the week days. I eat right. I exercise. I do all the right things....at least I try to do all the right things. Then comes the weekend and....poof....I sabotage myself.

Friday I had a big plan of being a good. I knew I was cooking a dinner that was not going to be low in calories nor fat. So, I prepared myself. I walked in the morning while I did my laundry. I did my toning exercises. I even did the challenge that comes to me daily from the diet group I am apart of. I ate a light breakfast/lunch.

Well, I decided to head to Wal Mart to get a few items I needed. I was craving a frozen coffee. So, I remembered I had a free coupon for a Frappe from McDonalds. I figured "why not? It's frozen coffee how bad can it be???" It can be VERY bad when what makes it frozen is ice cream!!!! I had a medium Frappe and it was 560 calories. I was thinking it was going to be like a frappacino and I can order it with skim milk. Nope! So with my light breakfast/lunch, snack and this drink I used up a good portion of my daily calories. So that limited me on my dinner. It wasn't that I was going to eat a big meal but I wanted to enjoy it.....not feel guilty.

I have another coupon for a Frappe if anyone wants it because I sure as heck am not going to use it!

Saturday I felt like I had a pretty good day. I slept in some and then I worked in the afternoon at the golf course. I was busy and was running around like a crazy woman. If you know me, then you know I always wear a pedometer. I wear it religously (even with dresses). I especially like to wear it at work to see how many steps I take during a regular day. Since yesterday was extraordinarily busy day I knew I was walking a bunch of steps. I looked at my pedometer near the end of the day and it calulated 300 more steps than when I left my house that afternoon. I know that was a bunch of bull. I do that just walking from my car into the building. I was not a happy camper because I upload my steps to a website and it gives me points. The more steps I walk the more points I earn. Oh well!

I had dinner with my friend Debi last night. She cooked a great meal of tilapia, asparagus, noodles and salad. We drank some wine and talked about life. It was a good dinner. Some of it very healthy and some of it not. However, it was worth it for the company!

Today I am working a double at the golf course. I have been here a little over an hour and have walked almost 1000 steps. Not sure what the deal was yesterday but I will make up for it today. :) I am hoping to get back on track with my eating. Just making a conscience effort and knowing the mistakes is a good start. The changes they keep coming and it will make a big difference in the long run!

Happy Sunday!

Blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment