Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday Monday Monday

Well, I started the day off with a nice walk. I had to literally force myself out of bed but I got up and did it. I was pounding the pavement at 6:30 am. I have to continue with it on a daily basis. On my new nutrition website (not diet website) it has selected some toning exercises for me so I will do those before I go to bed. *sigh*

I started the day mentally telling myself I need to eat very well today since I was going to have a very hearty dinner. I had a ribeye defrosted since yesterday so I had to cook it....I did! I love to grill a good steak. I marinated it all day in some soy sauce, grilling spices and garlic. It was very good. I never realized that a steak that weighed just a little under 1 lb with a bone yields about 6 ounces of edible meat. I know this because I weighed every piece of meat I cut off the bone. Again I made my awesome mashed cauliflower. Yummy! A great substitute for mashed potatoes. Well, I mentally told myself to eat light and healthy all day....but did I? No, not really. I made a big sandwich with bread from Publix (which was given to me by neighbor yesterday). Okay well that really wasn't that bad.....but I should have had a salad.

Tonight before going to bed I need to clean my kitchen and do the exercises Sparkpeople.com has alloted me for the day. I can do it. I know I can.

I have set me a small goal.....I need to lose a minimum of 8 pounds before I go back to school on 8/14. That is 4 weeks away. So if I continue to walk and eat right the way I have been then I think that goal is achievable.

Tuesday......here I come!

Blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment