Sunday, July 11, 2010

The start

Well it all started a few weeks ago (father's day I believe) when my sister challenged me to beat her in losing weight. We set a date for September 30ish when we go on a cruise. Who ever lost the lowest percentage of weight would have to clean the other sister's house. Well, I barely like to clean my own house, I sure don't want to clean a house that has a teenage boy or two in it.

So, I had to do a lot of thinking about it and if I wanted to step up to the challenge. I know I needed to and I know I should. I have been trying to lose weight and have been slowing taking it off for a while now. My last weigh in at my doctor had me down 5 pounds which made 23 since the beginning of the year. So, I decided I was in.

I didn't want to make this a diet. I wanted to make this a life style change....a journey for me. So, I am changing the route to my journey in life to be healthier. I don't like giving up anything so I am making changings. I believe in a philosphy of it's not what you eat....it how much of it you eat that counts. Everything is okay in moderation. So, I dusted off my measuring cups, my scale, measuring spoons and all that good stuff. You really don't know how much something is until you really measure it. You'd be surprised at how much your judgement is off. I was! For me it is not what I eat but how much I eat. I can survive on less.....seriously I can. I didn't think I could but I can!

So, I am going to start documenting my journey. The ups and the downs. The good and the bad. I weigh in once a month at my doctors so that will be my official weigh in to reprot my weight loss (or gain...uhg). If I create an awesome low fat/calorie recipe then I will post that also.

Just a small catch up....I went to Key West and put on some weight with all the eating and drinking I did. Within the first week I removed all that weight (most of it water weight loss). Since then my scale and I are not on talking terms. However, my clothes are my best friends. They are happy they don't have to strain against the girth of my body. I am not sure who is going to be unhappy when they fall to the ground when I am walking. lol My next weigh in at the doctors is Friday, July 16.

Just something I heard on the tv not too long ago.....don't lose weight because you tend to find things you lose.....shed weight. So I am shedding it and leaving it behind.

My goal is to lose a total of 50-60 pounds. Caloric intake is 1500 - 2000 daily. Caloric output should be 3000-3500.

Here we go......

No comments:

Post a Comment