Monday, July 12, 2010

Sunday was not a fun day!

So, yesterday was not a bad eating day for me. I kept it around 1900 calories but was lazy before I went to work and when I came home. I did keep active as possible but it was too hot in the clubhouse.

It is so hard to lose weight when you work around food a few days a week. I get tired of eating the same foods when I am at the golf course but when you get bored what are you supposed to do? I decided to eat pretzels (1.5 oz) and dip it in peanut butter (1 oz). Healthy, right? It was a 331 calorie snack, however it was filling and yummy. Since I didn't eat breakfast I could afford to eat few extra calories. I also pushed a vacuum around the big clubhouse. This should be an easy task but the vacuum is horrible and you have to vacuum over everything TWICE. So, does that mean I can put that in as double the activity???

Here is a sandwich I discovered that is fillig and good. I grilled a turkey and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread (350 calories). I grilled it using Pam. made a salade with cucumber (I scooped out the seeds with a spoon), tomato, avacado, garlic salt, Mrs. Dash tomato basil and a few dashes of red wine vinegar. After the sandwich was done, I put the salad on top of my sandwich and ate it with a fork and knife. It was so yummy. The salad was 131 calories. Not a bad lunch. :)

However, I found out I could cut 100 caloires from that sandwich if I had made a better choice of bread. Arnold Dutch Whole Wheat bread is 100 calories a slice but Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat is 50 calories. What the heck was I thinking? I checked the label for fiber but not the calories.

So, no exercise and almost a maximum of my caloric intake. It was a Sunday so I guess I deserved a break from the normal eating regimen. I have learned I could eat a lot more food if I made healthier choices. Let me tell you I am not a sweets eater but damn Publix had M&Ms on sale for BOGO and it was a chocolate time in my life. So I bought them.....why Publix....why????? Oh and I am not talking about the small individual bags.....I am talking the "new larger size" bag! I ate the first bag within the first week. The second bag is still in my refridgerator half full. I tell you the chocolate lasts me a lot longer than potato chips would. I would have eaten the first bag the first night.....the family size bag!!!

Today is going to be a lot better......:)

No comments:

Post a Comment