Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ahhhh the weekend

Well, I weighed in on Friday. I have shed 4 more pounds for a total of 27. Not too bad since January. I was hoping the number would be higher but a loss is a loss is a loss. I won't worry about how big the number is as long as the weight goes down.

I tried to keep on track over the weekend but it is hard. I read an article on Sparkpeople.com that states most people sabotage themselves on the weekends. I think the article was talking to me specifically. I have a habit of doing that. I tried not to the past few weekends but this weekend....I kind of over did it just a little. I ate a little too much and I drank a little too much. It's all good because I will get back on it.

The other day I saw a co-worker (actually now an ex-coworker) from my school job. The next day he texted me to ask me a question. I decided to ask him, since it has been a few weeks since he saw me, if he saw a difference in me....if he noticed I had lost weight. He said "hmmm....now that you mention it...I did notice and you are looking good." I texted him back "You're just saying that just because I asked." D'oh.....hello......I did ask. Oh well, I got a positive response. lol

Tonight I went to meet my neighbors for dinner. As I was sitting there, one of the men came up to me and said, "you are losing weight" I told him I was trying and he said "whatever you are doing keep it up, you are looking good." So I guess it is working.

If you are interested in what I am doing, I am just counting my calories as I've stated before. I am using the website sparkpeople.com. I changed over from caloriecount.com. I like my new website because it is easier to use and I believe a little easier to navigate. It also has a lot more to offer.

Well, tomorrow is Monday and it is a start of a new week and a new journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment