Tuesday, July 20, 2010

$2 Tuesday

I slept in today. I really wanted to walk every day this week but I kind of stayed up too late and needed to get some extra sleep. So, I am writing this blog then heading to bed so I can make sure I get up in the morning to hit th pavement.

Eating was not so bad. I tried to eat as healthy as possible.....at least during the day. Healthy breakfast of an egg white and ham sandwich. Healthy lunch of salad and fruit. Then I had plans to meet Todd the Texter (that's my nickname for him since that is all he likes to do is text.....we've been texting for a couple of months now). We were meeting for drinks at Splitsville. They have a great happy hour....at least they used to have one. It still isn't too bad...half price martini's ($4.50) and buckets of beer ($10 for 5 domestics).

They also are running a Two dollar Tuesday deal. I took them up on their $2 deal and drank Finlandia vodka with club soda and a splash of diet coke. I have been trying not to drink alcohol out in bars since you don't know how much alcohol you are getting in each drink. A normal pour should be 1.5 ounces however when a bartender free pours you don't know if they are overpouring. At least if I have a beer I know exactly how many calories I am getting so I can log it in. Today, beer was not calling my name.

I was hungry while we were there and before I had my first drink, I decided the lowest in fat/calorie would be sushi. That would counter any alochol I drank and not add too many calories. Well, after the first drink and the buzz kicked in.....to hell with counting calories......give me pizza. I ordered a margharita pizza (sp?) and ate 1/3 of the pie. I could have ate more.....oh yeah I sure could have. I boxed up the rest for lunch for tomorrow. Trust me when I say that pizza was calling my name from the styrofoam box all the way home. It wanted me to eat another piece but I said no way pizza you are staying in the box! (win one for me!)

Here is the kicker....at Channelside they have one of the best chocolatiers. They have an awesome toffee covered apple to die for!!! I had to stop in and get me a nibble of chocolate. Thankfully they didn't have that apple in stock. I am not sure I would have bought it any way. I did get a dark chocolate covered pretzel and a dark chocolate toffee bar (isn't dark chocolate supposed to be better for you....right....it's better). Luckily the dark chocolte was high in cocoa so it did not taste very good on the pretzel so I only ate a bite. Since that pretzel didn't taste good I wanted a small milk shake from Sonic. Oh yeah, I nice vanilla milkshake would hit the spot for my sweet tooth. I pulled up to the drive thru....looked at the menu.....study all the different ice cream items to choose from.....the girl asked me if she could help me.....I said "no thank you!" and drove off (win antoher one for me).

When I got home I did eat just a small piece of the toffee (which was sooooooo much better than the pretzel). I make mistakes but I don't keep making them.

I still kept within my limits of calories so I didn't do too bad. Tomorrow I am waking to walk so I guess it is time for bed.

Blog Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment