Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hump Day

Yesterday was supposed to be my cardio day....well at least in my head but not required from Sparkpeople. I tried to get up early......I really did. However, again my body was not having it. I really have to put the book down and not read until the wee hours morning. :) I didn't get up early enough to walk but I did get up early enough to color my hair (yes I have gray hair!), mop the kitchen floor, make breakfast and cook lunch. So I still had a very productive morning.

I wore these really cute jean capris yesterday. I found them a few months ago in the back of my closet and have been wearing them since. They have a double button so when I would wear them they would cut into my belly, especially if I sat for long periods of time. So if I didn't sit much then it didn't bother me. While I was getting ready to cook dinner last night (after sitting on the sofa and reading for a while.....yes more reading) it dawned on me the buttons didn't cut in my belly like it usually did. Yippee a positive effect of the weight loss! Woo Hoo!!!!

As I was cooking dinner I was feeling guilty that I hadn't done any cardio (still didn't look at my sparkpeople fitness to know I didn't need to do cardio). Then I remembered what my sister-in-law suggested I do when I can't get out and walk.......walk in place! So, that is exactly what I did. I walked in place the whole time I prepared dinner and while it cooked. I walked in place for 30 minutes. Then I didn't feel so guilty any more when I ate my dinner at 8:30 pm.

This morning I got up to go walking but realized I had a few other things I had to get done so I see some walking in place in my future. While looking for clothes yesterday I found a skirt in a drawer. A skirt I have never been able to wear since it was too tight. Tight like I felt like a sausage stuffed in a denim casing. I have had it almost a year and it has been in my drawer. So, I tried it on and you know what.......it almost fits. It's a little tight (not sausage tight) but I could wear it if I wanted to. I will wait until it fits properly. Another positive effect!

So I got two kudos in two days. I love this feeling! It is the small accomplishments!

Happy Hump Day!

Blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment