Thursday, July 22, 2010

Don't under estimate some exercises

With my new nutrition website it has me on a exercise schedule, which I mentioned the other night. It had me do crunches, crunches with a twist, push-ups, etc. Well it had me do this one exercise where I lay on the floor face down, put my hands under my hips then lift my feet towards my butt and hold for a two count. I was trying to figure out what this exercise was for. I did it with ease and was like what the heck is this supposed to do to me? Well, I found out a couple of days later when my butt was killing me. So, I will make sure I won't doubt another exercise again. lol

I am feeling really good. I am not being as diligent writing every morsel of food that passes through my lips but I make sure I keep track and not over eat. My clothes are fitting a lot looser. I need to get back to work soon so I can make some money to buy some new clothes that fit. :)

Tonight I cooked a healthy dinner. It was 667 calories. It would have been less if I didn't put so much pasta in the dish. I cooked 4 oz of penne. In a bowl I mixed 1 tbsp of Smart Balance butter spread, 1/4 cup part skim milk ricotta, garlic salt and Mrs. Dash tomato basil. I cut a tomato in half then squeezed out all the seeds and then cut it into bite sized pieces. I also cooked a bag of Green Giant Steamers broccoli. I drained the pasta then put it back in the pot with the ricotta cheese mixture, tomatoes and broccoli. I mixed it in the warm pot so the ricotta would be creamy. It was so good. It would have been 100 calories less if I had used 3 oz of pasta.

My goal is to make sure I start logging every bit of food I eat. I eat a Starburst and forget to log it. In the beginning if I chewed a piece of gum I would log it in. So, I need to get back on track and log all my food. Because those small bites add up to some serious calories. That is my issue and why I gained weight.....not because I eat bad food....I just eat too much food period!!!

I have a busy weekend ahead. Tomorrow will be laundry day and hopefully some pool time. Then it is working all weekend. Gotta save that money for my new wardrobe!!!

Blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment