Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolution

Every year people make resolution at the beginning of the year. Most of the time it is to lose weight. My resolution is to get healthy. I was doing so well and then my schedule changed at work. I used it as an excuse not to go to the gym. I asked a coworker to share the new work duty with me and I still didn't go to the gym. I haven't been in almost 4 months. And honestly it carried over to the weekends. *sigh* I did, however, do some walking.

Let me tell you, exercising makes a difference. I have gained almost 15 pounds since I quit going to the gym. I was doing a good job maintaining but once I stopped there was no maintaining.

This morning starting out 2012 I hit the gym at 5:45 a.m. It felt so damn good. I have had more energy today than I have in a long time and that was only after 5.5 hours of sleep. I am getting a little tired now though. With some of my energy I went to the grocery store. I loaded up my refrigerator with all kinds of healthy foods. Here is to a healthier life style.

My healthier life doesn't just include eating and exercising.....it is a new mental attitude. I cut the fat/dead weight from my life. I have to leave some people in 2011. I am not bringing them into 2012.

I am going to try to blogging again. Woot Woot! Welcome 2012!!!!

Blog out!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it Maria! I know if I get up and workout first thing it definitely gives me more energy and helps with the headaches I get every day. We are on year 2 of our mostly healthy attitude of trying to work out and eat right. I lost 37 lbs but put a few back on, De lost 76 lbs and has maintained but wants to lose another 20. She's been stuck for some time now but she uses the myfitnesspal.com page and it has really helped. :-)

    ReplyDelete