Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It has been a week

Yep Yep Yep I know it has been a week since I last blogged. I was getting a little discouraged since I didn't feel like I was seeing any results. I had to remember some things. One, my friend Patty posted on my Facebook page with a quote: "It takes 4 weeks for you to notice a difference, 8 weeks for friends to notice a difference and 12 weeks for the world to notice the difference." (or something like that). Well I have 2 more weeks to see if I notice a difference if that is true. I am going to wait it out. Also, with all this working out I have a huge appetite. I feel like I have been eating a lot more. I am heading to my doctor on Friday to get a little help. I know some of you will not approve but I am going to get a prescription for an appetite suppressant. I know I know I know it is not the answer but I need something to help me curb my appetite for just a short while. Willpower is not working right now. So hopefully that will help me jump start my eating habits. It is not a permanent solution but a temporary help. Tonight when I was logging in my food on my nutrition website I noticed something. To back track, I have been wearing a body monitor (like they do on Biggest Loser). The body monitor tracks my calories burned, steps taken, type of activity and sleep duration. Yesterday I went to the gym in the morning: 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and 15 minutes toning on the weight machines. After my lunch and nail appointment I decided to go for a walk at Al Lopez park. I walked 2 miles. My total calories burned for yesterday was 3086 and walked 8756 steps after an hour and a half of exercising. Today I just did my usual walking around campus. I stopped to pick up something to eat and bought Wii Zumba. I hadn't decided if I was going to give it try tonight but I did. I danced for a good 20 minutes. That is it 20 minutes. By midnight I will have burned 3171 calories and walked 3500 steps. So I worked out less and walked less but burned more calories. I have been going about this all wrong. I need to work smarter not harder. I am glad I bought that Wii Zumba. Most of my activity yesterday was moderate and very little vigorous. Today it was half and half moderate and vigorous. Zumba is going to be my new exercise at least twice a week. I think THEN I will see a difference! Happy Hump Day! Blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment