Monday, September 13, 2010

Manic Monday

Oh wow! I started this journey back in January and was slow going. I lost some weight and then I found some weight and then I lost it and then I found it.....you get the point. Some times I found more weight than I lost. But near the end of the school year I decided to put a little more effort into my new life style. My sister had a little hand in that change.

She challenged me to lose more weight than her by the time we go on our cruise at the end of this month. She said loser cleans the other sister's house. Well if you know me then you know I am no Susie Homemaker. I can barely keep my place straightened up, I sure as heck don't want to clean my sister's house with two teenage boys living there and other members of her family coming and going periodically. Oh Lord!

Since we started my official weight is a 9 pounds loss but I am hoping it will be more dramatic by the time we go on the cruise. I have been using my doctor's scale, so we will see what it says this Friday.

Anyway, she is putting herself in 5th gear and kicking it up a notch. As I was driving home yesterday I gave her a call to see if she was coming over. When she answered she told me she just came in from a walk. I was thinking "damn! now I have to go for a walk." When I got home I put on my walking clothes.....just in case she showed and I really didn't walk I wanted to look the part. :) I went to go get my mail and my neighbors invited me to come share in on a bratwurst. *sigh* How do you resist that? I ate it and my dinner decision had been made for me. I sat and talked with them for a while. I finally had to motivate myself off my butt and go walking. I did it! I walked a little less than two miles. I have to make sure I get back in the habit.

I cannot let her win! My house needs to be cleaned! I stopped cleaning it over a month ago just so I would win this bet. lol Okay not really but.....I am going to stop now!

Blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment