Monday, September 6, 2010

Another long break

Well, it amazing how things can change so quickly....what a difference a week makes....heck what a difference a day makes. I have been trying to stay on track but have been on an emotional roller coaster for the past 4 days. I will have to say I am proud of myself. During this very emotional roller coaster ride I kept myself in control and even walked off the frustration.

One of the things I have learned about myself is that I am emotional eater as well as an over eater. Saturday I had a very emotional day and instead of eating up a storm I put on my walking clothes and walked a mile and a half. It was more liberating than eating something fattening like I would have done in the past.

Just so you know, most of this emotional roller coaster was over a man. In the years past when I met a man I really liked I would not eat....I would be so excited and happy I didn't think of eating. Now I am older, I do the opposite. I realized in my happiness I was a little less careful about my choices. I did make myself walk before I would allow myself to talk to him. I guess he did help that way a little.

Now I am back on the dating scene and I feel stronger knowing I can handle it all without setting myself back too far in the healthy lifestyle I have chosen to lead.

After a long 3 day emotional weekend I am back on the road of my journey and it is back to work to get my mind off it.

Have an awesome Tuesday.

Blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment