Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hmmmm

I read an interesting article yesterday. It basically asked if you sabotaged yourself on the weekends. What I thought was interesting was the article said your lifestyle change is 24/7 not 24/5. That was powerful to me. I always felt the way the article indicated....weekends were to relax and take a break. However, this is a lifestyle change and the weekends are part of my life and always will be. I have to make sure I keep with my plan 24/7.

I felt the article was talking to me specifically. It said something about splurging on Saturday and promising to make it up by exercising on Sunday. Then Sunday comes and you have some excuse why you can't or won't exercise. I felt like raising my hand or standing up and making a confession: Hi my name is Maria and I am a weekend sabotager......Hi Maria! It was a big eye opener to me. So now I have to be more conscious of my decisions on the weekends.

If you are interested in reading the article:
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/wellness_articles.asp?id=219

The other day I was flipping channels and saw an infomercial about Montel Williams new juicing machine. There was a guy on there that made a comment that I loved. He said he was getting compliments about his weight loss all day from different people. He said he would rather have compliments all day over the satisfaction he gets for the 5 minutes it would take to eat a hamburger (you can insert any food you want....his happened to be a burger). It is true, you may get some satisfaction eating your favorite foods but how long does it really last? Not as long as the compliments that keep coming as you lose weight. :)

My two motivations for the weekend!

Blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment