Monday, January 3, 2011

New 'old' beginning off to a good start

Well first day back at it and so far so good. I kept within my caloric intake. I actually kept it quite close to 1500. I logged in all my food. I drank all my water. Now it is the time to get back into exercising. I did weigh myself this morning and have only gained 2 pounds since September. I think that is pretty darn good since I just went through the biggest eating holidays of all time (Thanksgiving and Christmas). I even made sure I cooked dinner so as not to eat out. I made chicken fried rice. It is not as fattening as you'd think if you make it yourself.

A couple of weeks ago, I found a pair of pants in my closet that I forgot I had stored in my sweater bin. I tried them on and they were a tad tight. I figured 5 more pounds and I could fit into them perfectly. I don't have many pants that fit well. I keep wearing my big pants because I am waiting to lose the weight I want before I buy more. Why buy more now if I am only going to have to buy more later? What....er ......wait.....that doesn't sound like a bad idea. That means I can shop. lol

So, today is my first day back in the gym. I know it is going to suck the few days after but I will work through it. I told myself I have to be at the gym by 6 a.m. I will work out for at least an hour then it will be off to work. It is a production for me to go to the gym in the mornings since I have to make sure I have all my clothes and make up for work. It is all worth it for the final results.

So, my first mini goal is to fit in those pants. I hope I can do that within the next couple of weeks. My next small goal is to lose at least 15 pounds by the time I leave for Mardi Gras in March. I think I can do it.......I think I can.....I think I can.....I KNOW I can.....I KNOW I CAN!!!!

Happy Tuesday!

Blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment