Monday, October 11, 2010

First day back

I didn't do so bad my first day back. I tried to make all the right choices. I had an egg white breakfast, a salad with baked potato for lunch and a turkey burger with broccoli for dinner. My snacks were almonds, pretzels and pistachios. I made sure I ate every few hours and kept it in check.

Even though I didn't get much sleep last night and was very tired when I got home, I made sure I walked my 2 miles. It felt good and I have made a deal with myself. I will not talk to one of my friends that I talk to every night until I walk. I told him if I don't respond to his texts or answer his calls then he knows I didn't walk. It is his job to keep me motivated to walk on a regular basis. Maybe one day he will join me in my walk. Who knows?

Over the weekend I was proud of myself too. I was craving chocolate so bad I was going to eat a cookie at work. I kept it on the counter the whole time but I must say I put the cookie back in the tray and didn't eat it. Woo Hoo! Mark one for Maria and her willpower.

Today is day two and my sister and I are having lunch. I am hoping I can continue to be good. We are going to a great sandwich shop which makes the best stuffed potato. Hmmmmm light breakfast, light dinner and walk at least 3 miles and I think I can do it. We'll see how it goes.

Have a great Tuesday!

Blog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment